Emac G4 leopard?

Reaction score
hello i have leopard (well my mom does as she bought a imac bout a year ago)

and i just bought a old emac g4 running tiger for about $180
any way i was wondering if it can run leopard heres a screenshot

2wpjtki.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Welcome to Mac-Forums!

With that configuration - yes. Question is - how well? 1 GHz will, quite frankly, struggle. Remember, it was issued with Panther originally. If I were you (and I'm not), I'd stick with Tiger (I'll let others debate which OS is better).

$180 suggests you're not in the US, as eMacs sell there quite cheaply, but if the one you've bought is a good 'un, all the best with it.

PS. we've got to get you learning about trimming your screenshots before posting! ;)]

OP
O
Reaction score
thanks i guess i have to stick with tiger anyway as when i put in the leopard disk it said "this cannot be install on this mac":(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
That Leopard disk may well have been for a different Mac computer.

OP
O
Reaction score
wait.. **** meh i just got into mac so i though it was like windows get a disc use it for any computer, what would i have to buy just a normal leopard disc or some thing special

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
wait.. **** meh i just got into mac so i though it was like windows get a disc use it for any computer, what would i have to buy just a normal leopard disc or some thing special

Two things wrong here:

- grey colored Macintosh OS install disks only work on the model computer that shipped with them. So these discs may work on your Mom's computer...but not your eMac.
- Even if the OS install discs from your Mom's computer did work on your computer...it would be against Apple's policies (EULA) to use those discs on your computer (one OS install per disc). The only exception would be if someone purchased a "Family Pack" install disc.

You need to purchase your own 10.5 install disc for your e-Mac.

HTH,

- Nick

C

chas_m

At 1GHz and 768MB RAM, I'd strongly suggest you stay with Tiger. That machine will operate nicely and the latest iTunes and Safari still work on it, etc. but its certainly not worth sinking any real $$ into.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.