Eject Problem

M

Mark Burnell

Since I have had this Mac, I have a very intermittent problem with ejecting. From boot up I may get my CD draw to open a couple of times, but after that nothing. To get the draw to open again I have to restart, it seems like a software problem but I am not sure and the last thing I want to do is reinstall. Any Ideas???? :doctor:

Here's my hardware setup:

Machine Model: Power Mac G5
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 2.25 GB
Bus Speed: 600 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2.2f2
Mac OS X: Version 10.3.8

Cheers Mark

OP
D

Desolate One

Have you tried to eject the disk whilst the system reboots? If that's what you've been trying and I've mis-understood your initial post, try repairing permissions (finder=>Applications=>Utilities=>Disk Utility).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have only had that a couple of times when some program had grabbed use of the CD but would not let go for some reason. What I did was open Disk Utility and select the CD and hit eject from there. Worked for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.