• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Education disscount

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
Just wondering if anybody knows about a thing called the HE discount from apple? I have heard rumors that if you order from you university then you get a 15% discount rather than the 7% discount in the apple education store. Just wondering if anybody knows about this and how I would find out if it is offered by my university

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
you people all need to realize that this student discount is meant for students so they can purchase a computer because they are already going broke from paying for their college tuition.
-chris

Some of us are still broke while paying for it after going. :p

Reaction score
I bought my Macbook last week at the local Apple store and asked about the student discount and how it works; the customer service rep explained to me that "you are representing that you're a current student at a university or college." However, I explained to her that I graduated last May (2006) and was going to be going back to grad school soon, and asked if that counted. She apologized and said no, and went back to the back to grab my computer while I shopped some more. I didn't want to be dishonest in any way and figured that paying full price wasn't so bad when you're getting an awesome machine, so I agreed and said that was fine, that I understood.

When she came back out she said she spoke to her manager and she'd sell it to me at the discounted price since I had been a student within the past year or so, and would be again very soon. I don't know that there's an exact science to it, and I think that they really do want to give us poor student types a break. I'm still paying off loans and simultaneously trying to save for more applications, tuition, etc. I thought it was really very decent of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.