Editing Radio Stations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 500gb
How can radio stations that are installed on iTunes be deleted?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 500gb
Tried doing that and right click selected a station with no trouble but when put into the Trash Can it just goes back to where it came from!

Reaction score
See of can you right-click it, then with the mouse button held down, slide the cursor down to delete. If a menu doesn't show up with the right click, let go, then do it again with a left click while holding down the Control key.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 500gb
No luck with that either - managed to get an icon on the desktop but it was still in listing after trashing that!

Reaction score
Try clicking the station once and hitting the delete key. You got a new icon on the desktop?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 500gb
I find it difficult to belive that doesn't work either!

Have tried it on two machines - one Intel, other not - and it doesn't do it on either. I admit to not yet being fully converted to Mac from PC's altho' working hard on it but can't think what I could possibly be doing wrong.

Reaction score
Here's another possible fix.

Quit iTunes if it's running, and go into your Preferences folder, inside the Library folder, inside your own log-in user's folder

(users—>your log-in folder—>Library—>Preferences).

Drag all the

com.apple.iTunes.another name here

plists (preferences lists) to the desktop. One or more may be corrupt. iTunes will create new plists when it starts. My machine and its iTunes setup creates three, but it's a G4. Yours may have a different number. (Plists are text files. You can open and read them using TextEdit.)

Removing these plists and the creation of new ones will not affect your playlists. Restart iTunes and go through the setup routine, then try to delete the station again. If nothing changes, quit iTunes and put the old plists back, which will return the settings to the way they were.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.