echo when recording podcasts

Reaction score
hi guys

I've got a Macbook Pro (latest) and recently bought a Snowball Ice mic for podcasting. I'm using Skype to record podcasts. What I can't work out is that when I am interviewing someone, it sounds crystal clear - however, when I play the interview back, I sound totally fine...but my guest sounds loud and echoes.

I'm not sure if this is because I haven't set up the microphone properly? I selected snowball ice under Skype microphone settings, but am wondering if the echo is because when it records, its picking up the snowball AND the Mac internal mic?

Does anyone know how to fix this please as its killing the quality of the podcasts - thank you!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
While you are listening to recording the interview initially how are yo0u listening to the sound? Through a headset or the Mac's internal speakers?

Also, outside of Skype if you record your own voice do you get the echo? That happens if you are monitoring sound using play thru as you are recording. If you're getting it just in Skype that will mean it is not just a Skype setting involved. If it is confined to Skype I bet it is a bandwidth issue. Happens with a buddy of mine in FaceTime occasionally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.