• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Earrings

Reaction score
I wanted know what you guys thought about earrings, do you have them or do you like them or anything. also any suggestions about making ones for non-peirced ears? any post is appriciated. thanks

Slasharoni

Reaction score
I love them on the ears of girls. I don't know why, but I love them, especially when they're white or Swarovski.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I wanted know what you guys thought about earrings, do you have them or do you like them or anything. also any suggestions about making ones for non-peirced ears? any post is appriciated. thanks

Slasharoni
Greetings and welcome to the Mac-Forums Slasharoni! Hope you enjoy it here.

That's a curious first post for a Mac forum to say the least, even given this particular discussion is "Anything Goes". What's the context? Are you a girl or a guy? Are you looking for something feminine or masculine? There are manufacturers of clip-on earrings, such as Monet, so you need not make your own. Alternatively, if you go to some craft stores (Michael's in the US), you might find the component parts to make your own earrings, clip and otherwise. As always too, GIYF (Google Is Your Friend). You should be able to find most anything you want regarding earrings for non-pierced ears.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
well i just got my 2nd ear done
soon to have 3 in my left two in my right

It will be a 2nd diamond but i need to wait a week or two before i can change it.
Slightly similar post you may find your answer on there

And if anyone is wondering i am straight

OP
S
Reaction score
I am a guy and my parents would kill me if i got an earring and was sorta hopen there was a homemade non-peirced alternative.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am a guy and my parents would kill me if i got an earring and was sorta hopen there was a homemade non-peirced alternative.
Okay, makes sense now.

Regular clip-ons are worn almost exclusively by women. Your best bet would likely be to look at magnetic earrings. Google it. You'll need to be a bit careful with them I imagine, but they might work for you. I'm sure other people will have more alternatives for you.

Good luck!

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the info mathogre! I wonder if there is a homemade magnetic solution...........

Reaction score
I like the 'Aqua' theme earrings.
thumbsup2.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info mathogre! I wonder if there is a homemade magnetic solution...........
A workable one? Who knows. A possible one?

http://www.unitednuclear.com/magnets.htm

One might look at a small sphere magnet for the outside and small disc magnet for the back. I couldn't tell you if it will work because I don't know, but I'd guess that with a little experimentation it might.

Go get creative and good luck!

Reaction score
When I was a teenager, I constantly wanted to get my ear pierced. My folks threatened to ground me for a month if I did, and it was just enough of a disincentive to keep me from doing it.

Now, 20 years later, I work with a lot of professionals who have those telltale holes in their ears from their childhood attempts at being cool. I have to say that in the long run I'm glad I never got it done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
I've got both of my ears pierced, twice and a couple piercings elsewhere, and a couple tattoos...I see nothing wrong with piercings :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just searched google and found a site with all the piercings available
hope this is of some help
Link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
When I was a teenager, I constantly wanted to get my ear pierced. My folks threatened to ground me for a month if I did, and it was just enough of a disincentive to keep me from doing it.

Now, 20 years later, I work with a lot of professionals who have those telltale holes in their ears from their childhood attempts at being cool. I have to say that in the long run I'm glad I never got it done.

I was in the same boat... parents HIGHLY against it... Though, I was a MAJOR "problem child" growing up (MAJOR... so earrings ended up being the very LEAST of my parents concern)... I ended up piercing my Left ear twice in the lobe, and once in the cartilage in the top of my ear... and once in the Right lobe. At the time, I thought it was awesome... and continued to feel that way for quite a while.

Now... I'm 31 (and 5/6 :D)... And while it's not a huge deal, it does get noticed from time to time by those I work with... I highly doubt it has ever cost me any business... But more so my daughters notice and comment on it quite a bit... again not a big deal, but if I had it to do all over again, I would leave them un-pierced (though again... that would be the last thing on the list of things I'd go back and change).

It's important to remember that it's similar to a tattoo... permanent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's important to remember that it's similar to a tattoo... permanent.

Dont have it for more than a few years and your ears should scar over quite a few of my friends have took theirs out.
My mum will kill me when she finds out about my 2nd one as she forbid me from doing it.
I dont think she has caught onto why i have been wearing a hat for the past week every time im near her lol.
Im not going to strech it or anything in case it never goes back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I never did piercings, never did permanent tattoos (just the stick-on tatts, and then only when I was chronologically and professionally established as an adult). I never had the desire for it.

I dyed my hair for a few years in the late 90s/early 00s, dark red vs natural brown, got some nice compliments from some of the women with whom I worked. I just wanted to have red hair, so I did it. It's been back to natural for a few years now. Oh and now the face has an increasing number of white hairs protruding from it. C'est la vie, non?

Reaction score
Does anyone remeber the Cosby show when theo got his ear pierced? That was funny.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
had an ear and nose pierced. if you like it, do it, if not, not. it's been years and years since this was even remotely an issue imo. even in the 80s when i did it it wasn't a big thing. i do think it's almost a bit cliched now though. i'm not a huge fan of them on women. i like nose rings better. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.