• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD studio Pro help! video quality

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5 (PPC)
I am trying my hand with DVD studio Pro version 3. I just made a quick movie and encoded it with the program and when playing it on the TV I noticed alot of image noise or burning. It was a low quality picture where you could see the outline of everything burning into its surroundings. Does anyone know how I can adjust the settings to get a higher quality encoded video?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I need slightly more information to be able to help you.

How long is the movie on the dvd?
What was the beginning quality (dv, dvcam, etc.)
What program did you use to edit?
and my last question. How did you export it from your editing program of choice?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5 (PPC)
Thanks for the reply, the movie is short, I imported it just as a .dv file and edited it in final cut pro and exported it also with the same settings (.dv)

I have burnt the footage before using iDVD and it looked like the quality was better. if I increase the mbits per second on dvd studio pro does that give me a higher quality burn? I just notice alot of image noise on the TV. It is video of my friends band playing outside and he is wearing a white shirt. The sky is blue but you can see the white from his shirt mixing in with the blue sky outlining him.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.