Dv Tape import onto Macbook

Reaction score
Hi. I have a MacBook pro 2019 16 inch. I've been trying to import tapes from a camcorder. I can view the tapes via the Mac book, operate the tapes on the Mac book and seemingly import the tapes into the mac. However after the one thoughts finished the Mac then goes into a "processing" mode for some considerable time and doesn't seem to finish importing. Had anyone any ideas? Is it a case of wait until the processing finished no matter the time length even if it's hours? Any suggestions very welcome . Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I've not imported video into my Mac, but it can take a long time to process video files like that. You can open Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder to see if the process is running and taking up CPU, which indicates it's processing, but yes, it can take hours to process. Sometimes many hours.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Can you tell us a bit more about which camcorder you are using and exactly how you perform the video capture? If the capture is occurring in real-time, that can be quite time-consuming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.