dual display issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 5.1
Hello. I have a imac 2008, and i also have a samsung hd tv. i bought the cable to connect both displays and works like a charm, BUT, if i want to just work on my Samsung TV how can i turn off the integrated display of my Imac?

anyone knows what im talking about? and i thanks in advance for the answers....

michell ;D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hello. I have a imac 2008, and i also have a samsung hd tv. i bought the cable to connect both displays and works like a charm, BUT, if i want to just work on my Samsung TV how can i turn off the integrated display of my Imac? michell ;D

You can't turn off the iMac display. Just turn down the brightness as low as it will go.

OP
pastelado
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 5.1
You can't turn off the iMac display. Just turn down the brightness as low as it will go.

Yeah, that's what i've been doing so far...

thanks for the answer!! :D

iNB

Reaction score
You can also try SwitchResX.

I like that you can set up different screen profiles (such as having only the TV on, or the iMac on, or both ......) and that you can also apply a keyboard shortcut to switch between them.

You can use it for free for a limited period. Try it and see.

It bugs that Apple assumes you want to use both displays when you have them plugged in. Seems like a basic OS ommission to me :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.