Dual boot problem

Reaction score
ok so i have a MacBook pro 2017 i tried to duel boot and forgot to portion now i want to start fresh with macOS but there is no way to download it i lookedon apples web site and its all just updates so I'm trying to figure out how i can reset a MacBook running windows or download macOS on windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
ok so i have a MacBook pro 2017 i tried to duel boot and forgot to portion now i want to start fresh with macOS but there is no way to download it i lookedon apples web site and its all just updates so I'm trying to figure out how i can reset a MacBook running windows or download macOS on windows

You'll need to boot into Recovery Mode. This is.a special hidden partition with the utilities needed to re-download macOS for you.

If, by chance, you can't get into Recovery Mode (say, that partition was wiped also), there's also Internet Recovery Mode.

Reaction score
...i want to start fresh with macOS but there is no way to download it

This article will tell you where to download older versions of the Mac OS:

How to get old versions of macOS

Note that it might be impossible to download any version of the Mac OS if a Mac OS Installer already exists in your Applications folder. It has also been reported that Apple's server may be picky about letting you download an older version of the Mac OS depending on the operating system version you are currently running.

These articles will tell you how to download older versions of the Mac OS directly from Apple's FTP server using the command line:

tps://www.chriswrites.com/how-to-downgrade-to-an-earlier-version-of-macos/ (outdated link removed)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.