DROPPED my macbook...HELP!

Reaction score
I dropped my closed Macbook from a height of a little over a foot and it landed front-side first :eek:. It works just fine (I'm using it for this thread), but I noticed to top half-shell (the half with the screen) was pushed in toward the hinge. It opens and closes without a hitch, but when it is closed, the top half recedes slightly exposing the bottom half. Any suggestions on how I could fix that (without paying of course)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
I wouldn't 'fix' it by force, you will probably just do more damage.
I did a similar thing and it really makes little difference. U learn not to notice it

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks ZigDog, I slept on it and it isn't bothering me anymore since there seems to be no internal damage and it's working perfectly.

Reaction score
i actually dropped mine as well and the hinge is now exposed in the rear. the new unibody (MB471LL/A) does not sell hinge seperate. i must purchase the entire top casing with lcd for $650. anyone know where i can get a hinge for a unibody mbp 15"? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum Macbook 13.3 inch
I go to kstate and the maintenance people dropped something on my computer and put a big dent in the screen so Kstate bought me a new screen and when the people put my new screen on the screen was slightly misplaced just like yours. It doesnt do anything to harm the computer, you learn to live with it.

Reaction score
one of the hinge is broken and even though the laptop closes fine, the hinge is exposed. i was intending on selling it to get the new mbp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.