Dropped G4

Reaction score
My lovely squeeze dropped my laptop...iBook G4. Now it won't boot. I get the blue/grey screen with the spinning gear...and it just sits there.

Crap....any suggestions? ummm...nothing toward the squeeze...she's very very upset.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OK.. first up I'd try booting in Target mode and running a hardware test from your install discs that came with your machine, unless you are able to boot from the install disc holding C or option key.
And I feel for you both :/

OP
G
Reaction score
Hey 6string...thanks for the response. The computer does not recognize the install disc...seems this computer came with the G5 instead of the G4 disc. Plus I'm getting an I/O code from the hard drive...does this mean a new drive is in order?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Could not come with a G5 disc if she be a G4. Sure sounds like a new HD and install CD from a G5 will not install on your G4 alas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.