Drive Cloning Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I wouldn't until you have it installed and running on the internal drive. Once you are back to "normal" operations, do the update then.

OP
P
Reaction score
I wouldn't until you have it installed and running on the internal drive. Once you are back to "normal" operations, do the update then.

I do have it running on the internal drive,

everything is running fine,

should i update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Yep, go for it. One word of caution. Once you have the update installed, if you want to use CCC to clone it again you will need to do a full new clone to get it to be updated and bootable. It's a bug in Apple's utility that CCC used to make clones. Apple is working on it, but it's not fixed yet. So once you are updated and working on the internal, go to CCC and configure a new clone to the backup drive and force a full new backup. What I did to make it work was to erase the CCC target drive in Disk Utility, then set up the backup in CCC and it did a full new backup. Fairly painless, given the bug.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.