Downloading music from my Mac to a travel (thumb) drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
Now that the auto manufacturers have stopped installing CD players in new cars, I have been trying to put my music on travel (thumb) drives. Is there any EASY way to accomplish this? I tried dragging each song from my playlists to the travel drive but this is a long procedure and not always successful. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong so please enlighten me as to how to accomplish this procedure.:Confused:

Reaction score
You should be able to select all songs on the playlist at once and drag them to the thumb drive. Strange, though - I just tested this and copied a playlist of 8 songs onto another drive, and it worked, but then I tried with another list and it didn't work (didn't get the green plus "copy" icon when dragging another list over and nothing happened when I released the mouse button). Then it wouldn't work with the other list either. Very odd. But try that, though (maybe try rebooting if it doesn't work). Of course, you can copy them over using Finder as well (right-click a song and then click Show in Finder)...however, this won't help you much with playlists, only albums.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.