Downloading Aim for Mac Mini?

Reaction score
Hi, i own a Mac Mini and have recently been trying to download Aim/AOL for Mac. I have tried a lot but it just comes up as an audio thing for Quicktime Player. Can anyone help or send me a link?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hi, i own a Mac Mini and have recently been trying to download Aim/AOL for Mac. I have tried a lot but it just comes up as an audio thing for Quicktime Player. Can anyone help or send me a link?

I take it the file has a .SIT extension? If so you need the Free version of Stuffit Expander. It extracts Stuffit files. AIM for the Mac is so old they still use the old Stuffit format.

I would suggest though you try iChat or AdiumX instead as AIM for the Mac is so old and crashes a lot and AOL will not even update it and has not for years now.

If you still want to mess with AIM, here is Stuffit.

http://www.stuffit-expander.com/stuffit-expander.html?mv1=aUS031&gclid=COGSk9bWxpUCFQykagodvhYaiw

Be sure to get the Free Stuffit Expander.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.