Download folder issue

Reaction score
I am running Mac OS Big Sur v.11.1. My issue is when I download a file and open the download folder I do not see the file, the today heading for some reason is no longer showing up it starts with yesterday.

krs

Reaction score
Do you remember the name of the file or at least a portion of the name?

I would suggest you do a search on your Mac for the file (I use "Find Any File" which works better than spotlight) - the file may have ended up in a different folder.

OP
H
Reaction score
krs, thanks, trying to understand why none of my downloads from the current day are not showing up in the recent download file when they have ben in the past.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, hayros and thank you for your post.

It seems likely, or at least possible, that you have changed to where Downloads are stored.

Open Safari > Safari Preferences > General and there you will see where you have chosen downloads to appear as in this screenshot:

S1.jpg

Near the bottom is "File download location". By default, it should be "Downloads", but check and see if that's changed. If it has, it will tell you where your Downloads are located.

Ian

krs

Reaction score
It seems likely, or at least possible, that you have changed to where Downloads are stored.
I don't use the pre-assigned downloads folder but a folder I created that is more readily accessible.
I found that every one in a while when my downloaded file is not in that folder the Mac hanged the download destination on me.
Thus "Find Any File" to the rescue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.