Downgrading from mojave to hi sierra

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
I am trying to downgrade from Mojave to Hi Sierra or Sierra. My aged Mac just gets too sluggish with the new Mojave ( I know I'm still behind with Catalina now out). Truth be told, I just don't like how it performs. It was a bit of a fluke and I upgraded w/o realizing that even though my MBP could make the upgrade it probably was not the smartest :neutral thing to do. Where can I find the link to downgrade?
Thanks for any input.
Silvia/alaskamama

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome back. Glad to see you were finally able to log back on. :)

The best suggestion I can give you with regard to being able to download High Sierra is to try the Apple Store.

Connecting to the Mac App Store

You realize that downgrading is going to require erasing your hard drive so be sure that you have a good backup of all your data and apps.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Sylvia

Good to see you back with us.

What you are asking is a big job, takes a lot of time and patience. The first problem is locating a legitimate copy of macOS High Sierra. As our senior Admin said, try the Apple Store first.

This article takes you through the steps for downloading macOS High Sierra: How to Download MacOS High Sierra from MacOS Mojave

These articles give you some idea of how the downgrading process works: https://osxdaily.com/2018/06/18/how-downgrade-macos-mojave-beta/ AND How to Clean Install MacOS High Sierra

The other option is to get your 2015 Mac working properly. It is, or should be, well able to cope with Mojave. (In fact, I think it could even run Catalina?)

So, if you are inclined to do so, maybe you could highlight the problems you are experiencing. I might add that High Sierra/Mojave are not that very different in terms of utility. Catalina sure is though.

Ian

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.