Double Image

Reaction score
Hello..

I've been using my Iphone 5 with IOS 9.3 to take all my pictures with. I use Preview to download them
to my MacBook Pro, and I use the Mac camera

Now my problem is that I take one picture but when I download it to the computer there are two
images in the side bar. Has anyone else run into this situation, and what can I do to correct it?
this has been a "recurring" situation, It was doing the double image then it stopped, and only
one image appeared, now its back to two images... I will grant you it is probably my fault
probably I tapped on some button.

And one more question. Is there a way to make a voice memo when taking a pic?
thanks
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I'm using similar - 5s phone, iOS 9.3, with MBP - but use Photostream to import to Photos. How do you upload - Photostream or USB? Are they stored in Photos on the MBP or what?

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm using a usb cable.
Using Preview...
I store the photos on my computer...
but when there are doubles, I go through and remove one of the two photo's.
this might be a little late, but I might go and use "Camera Awesome", because it sounds
Awesome!!!! and I think it has a voice tag option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I store the photos on my computer...

Where on your computer?

Import them into Photos and see if that sorts the problem.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@sandman

Hi, could it be that on your iPhone you have "HDR" selected along with "Keep Normal Photo". In that situation, you will get two photos. (or as you call them, duplicates)

iPhone > settings > Photos & Camera.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.