• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Dont you love downloading pointless free software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i am affraid to after owning a PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
solidstalin said:
I do it to much...

me too

do it all the time and don't knopw what the **** its for
look at it then drag it to the trash

great fun

lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
be careful, it can cause many problems. don't go overboard , thats for sure, one 3rd party app can screw everything up.

OP
solidstalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
Well i just download stuff that i dont need, like when i have Adium, i downloaded Fire and Proteus for no reason....

I just love having loads of apps...

K

Kokopelli

I download a lot of stuff, but I do only grab thinga from estalished software publishers unless the app has been on VersionTracker or MacUpdate for a while with some feedback. I am also more cautious about applications that require rights above normal user level.

With those cautions in mind I like to grab stuff, see if I like it, then ditch after a week or two if I find myself not using it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I love to browse VersionTracker and the downloads page on Apple's site. I usually just download some simple games or junk. If its free and it entertains me for a twenty minute span...its worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I feel quite differently.

Honestly, once in a while you find a piece of freeware which is really great. Afterall, the best things in life are free.

The real reason that some freeware is so spectacular is that when people make freeware, they are making it because they have a passion for programming and would like to share their creation, not to make money, and if you ask me, thats much more sincere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yes, I also browse apple.coms downloads, as far as third party apps, I am usually extra careful, not to demean or belittle developers, but some apps put things in places deep in your home folder or at times libraries, its possible for a developer to make a mistake that could cause a problem. but I notice my mac also runs better without loads of un needed things on it. I do download some apps from version tracker, but if I find I'm not using it but maybe once in a matter of months, I delete it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.