• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

does this mean peta was right

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm pretty sure this isn't really that new. And this doesn't make PETA right, it makes the FDA right for not importing UK beef and heavily testing the US cattle stock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
PETA doesn't discourage eating meat due to possible contamination, they discourage eating meat because cows are so cute and cuddley :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
British BEef is fine aint it "/
I eat it i'm worried now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
They won't let me donate blood because of years I lived in the UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
PETA doesn't discourage eating meat due to possible contamination, they discourage eating meat because cows are so cute and cuddley :Shouting:
they obviously never worked with cows then

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

I am a member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) and I can say that this is simply not true ;)

Besides, if you live anywhere near a farm where cattle are raised, you know that cows are not cute and cuddly. I might describe them as stinky and ill-tempered, but certainly not cute and cuddly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
I am a member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) and I can say that this is simply not true ;)

Besides, if you live anywhere near a farm where cattle are raised, you know that cows are not cute and cuddly. I might describe them as stinky and ill-tempered, but certainly not cute and cuddly.

Oh thank god that I read your post wrongly. For a moment I thought that was a real PETA member here -_-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB

I'm with ya on this one....I dated a girl that lived on a cattle farm....cute...NO, cuddly....I think not....and the smells coming from the pasture....let's just say we headed to the city for a night once in a while....I'll leave it at that. However, perfectly butchered steaks rock !

OP
J

jah

Reaction score
yes... this is new

reference:
"they also found that when a prion jumps species, it produces a new kind of prion. "This is worrisome," says Claudio Soto, who led the research, published in Cell. "The universe of possible prions could be much larger than we thought.""

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo

did you hear the wooshing sound as the joke went right over your head? ;D

Honestly, I think my mom still subscribes to PETA's magazine and whenever she goes "do you know what they do to chickens?!" I go "No, but it tastes darn good!!!"

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
did you hear the wooshing sound as the joke went right over your head? ;D

Honestly, I think my mom still subscribes to PETA's magazine and whenever she goes "do you know what they do to chickens?!" I go "No, but it tastes darn good!!!"

I got it, was just taking the opportunity to use a joke of my own :)

PETA has a magazine? Doesn't that mean the murder of innocent trees and the use of inks that were tested on fuzzy bunnies?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Oh thank god that I read your post wrongly. For a moment I thought that was a real PETA member here -_-

and what would be wrong with that?

peta discourages any abuse of animals, including killing them for our own selfish needs; mainly on the basis that they are living creatures that share this planet with us, and with us being rational, self-aware creatures we have the ability and foresight to navigate around carnivorism if we so wish.
i'll admit, i'm a meat eater, though i wish i had the willpower to be a vegetarian.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and what would be wrong with that?

peta discourages any abuse of animals, including killing them for our own selfish needs; mainly on the basis that they are living creatures that share this planet with us, and with us being rational, self-aware creatures we have the ability and foresight to navigate around carnivorism if we so wish.
i'll admit, i'm a meat eater, though i wish i had the willpower to be a vegetarian.

I would agree with you in theory, it's PETA's methods of protest and extremist tone they sometimes take that yanks my chain.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
agreed. i also don't get as emotionally attached as some of the real intense members of peta and other similar groups. part of me understands the animal nature of the biology, and how much of an abberation we are - but seeing that we are in the situation we're in, and that we can get along without meat consumption, it just seems a bit archaic.

of course peta isn't as extreme as the e.l.f., but i'm sure there is some crossover between some of the more extreme peta members.

i kind of liken it to being christian. there are plenty of you guys that want to do right, live by the code and all, and are well meaning and completely pleasant to be around. and then there are a few extremist groups that poop all over the whole thing and ruin it for every body. does that mean you should abhor christianity? no, you just have to live by your moral ideal and try not to let the idiots tarnish your gig.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Hahahaha...... I'm not going to say anything. I think this thread should be closed, worthless information. I love the false guidance and information.

Edit : Rawr ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Ahh, I see we have an opinionated vegetarian in our midst

Just messing with ya Ghost ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
HAhahaha. I just "love" seeing these threads every month or two, they all have the exact same thing in them. Gets rather boring after a while, mostly do to the lack of actual thought and discussion. I guess it is what it is ;) - That's what separate meat / veggie blogs and forums are for. ;).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I'm a meatatarian, it's a personal choice. Don't worry Ghost your brain shouldn't start shrinking until later in life according to the studies! ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.