Docking station.

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports).

I would like a docking station, which is compatible with my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports), and I would like to use it for transferring all the data from 3 external hardrives(4TB of data, 2TB of data and 2TB of data, all together 8 TB of Data) to a temporary storage device from IDrive(It's part of a service called IDrive express, where you receive a temporary storage device from IDrive, and then transfer your data to the temporary storage device and then resend it to IDrive who then upload your data from the temporary storage device and into the cloud).

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm not clear on what you are looking for exactly here. Do you want all four of these drives (your 3 and the 1 iDrive) connected all at the same time?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Docking station's for newer Apple portable computers are really not like docking stations in years gone by (if you're familiar with them). They're now more like this "Thunderbolt Dock" from OWC ($249):

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 11.55.39 AM.png

Or go over to Amazon...where there are many many similar docks for $15-$50 (depending on what ports you need):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X94X42L/?tag=macforums0e4-20

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 11.58.04 AM.png

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Docking station's for newer Apple portable computers are really not like docking stations in years gone by (if you're familiar with them). They're now more like this "Thunderbolt Dock" from OWC ($249):

Well they do exist, but only a couple that I had found. Here are the three that I found, but i don't know if they will suit the OP's exact needs since it's not wholly clear what exact functionality he needs.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks for mentioning those docks LIAB.:)

* The vertical one seems the most traditional.
* The second one is "different"...since the ports are on the side of the computer...how the little lever on the left of the dock photo needs to be moved sideways to fully engage the ports.
* I went to the website for the 3rd one...it doesn't seem to show how the "dock" and computer interface (don't see any cables going to/from the ports). It does have a built in battery...which sounds like it would double the off-grid runtime.

Thanks,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
* The second one is "different"...since the ports are on the side of the computer...how the little lever on the left of the dock photo needs to be moved sideways to fully engage the ports.

That 2nd one is actually very much like the one my wife uses for her Lenovo work laptop. In my mind, that's more "traditional", although probably more catered to office types who take their laptops to and from work/home.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.