Do I buy a MacBook Pro now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13' 2010, iPhone 3GS 32GB Black
Hey Guys,

This is my first post. As the title states, Do I buy a MacBook Pro 13' now?

I've been a Windows user for about 15 years now. I've got to the stage where Im sick of getting viruses, trojans, and random error messages. It's time to move to a Mac.

All I will use the computer for is, Internet/Email, Photo Editing, Recording my DJ mixes, Word Proccessing, and burning/watching DVDs/CDs (so I really need a Superdrive).

I've heard rumours (as we all have) about the possible new MacBook Pro's with the new i3, i5 and i7 chips.

I'm willing to purchase a MacBook Pro 13' now, but I would be quite annoyed if a new one came out very soon. Also Id be pretty gutted if the new Pro's dont have a Superdrive.

I know that most people will say, if you need it now, buy it now.

Will Apple UK and other UK suppliers (Comet, PC World etc) reduce the price of the 2009 13' MacBook Pro?

Sorry for all the questions guys.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
i would wait. not to much longer till we hear word on what they are going to be coming out with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
It's always a good time to buy a Mac. Why not buy a cheap Macbook now to hold you over in the meantime?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13' 2010, iPhone 3GS 32GB Black
It's always a good time to buy a Mac. Why not buy a cheap Macbook now to hold you over in the meantime?

There's no way I could afford both

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
If you have waited this long, why not stick it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Tell you what. Buy ME the MacBook Pro, and I'll let you know if it was a good idea or not.

Deal ? I know.. I know ! I"m really smart that way.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP,2.53 GHz,4gb RAM....32 GB Ipod Touch 3G.....5th gen Ipod video 30 gb..
i was in the same boat as you few weeks back but i couldn't wait anymore! lol anyway just having the Macbook pro performance is a Big upgrade for me ;) couldnt be more happier.... the speed, battery life etc. is more than enough for me...GL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
I hate having the doubt in the back of my mind "What if a upgraded model comes out soon". But the best thing to do is find out around what date apple normally announces stuff, and wait till after that. (even that isnt 100%, but its prob. your best bet)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.