display issues

• Thread starter TheMonkeyProjec
  • Start date
T

TheMonkeyProjec

So i'm not sure which forum this should be in, but i'll give this one a shot.

some of the stuff on my C2D Imac is quite dark, like the desktop background, and when i play WoW it's very dark in some areas, and i have to mess with the settings everytime i play...i had assumed it was a setting specific to WoW, but i've since noticed otherwise.

While my desktop was loading and all that, the desktop pic was fine for a sec, then once everything settled in and all the icons showed up, it went back to being megadark....anyone have a clue? i'm more than sure it's just a setting i screwed with....

Reaction score
So i'm not sure which forum this should be in, but i'll give this one a shot.

some of the stuff on my C2D Imac is quite dark, like the desktop background, and when i play WoW it's very dark in some areas, and i have to mess with the settings everytime i play...i had assumed it was a setting specific to WoW, but i've since noticed otherwise.

While my desktop was loading and all that, the desktop pic was fine for a sec, then once everything settled in and all the icons showed up, it went back to being megadark....anyone have a clue? i'm more than sure it's just a setting i screwed with....

I have my brightness right down and it's still bright enough for my eyes so I'm not sure about this one.

How long have you had your Mac and it may help to upload a screenshot for us.

OP
T

TheMonkeyProjec

I have my brightness right down and it's still bright enough for my eyes so I'm not sure about this one.

How long have you had your Mac and it may help to upload a screenshot for us.

here is my desktop...
Picture1.png

and here's the original picture...http://minitruckinweb.com/wallpaper...oom+custom_nissan_hardbody_dragging_rear+.jpg

i'm not sure whether or not they'll look any different for you folks...but i've seen the pic on another computer...and the design on the front of the truck is visible, on my wallpaper, it's not...

OP
T

TheMonkeyProjec

and just for the heck of it...here's what my warcraft looks like...for anyone who's familiar with it....

ScreenShot_032607_213753.jpg

OP
M

MacHeadCase

A few ideas... Have you calibrated your monitor using ColorSync? Have you tweaked the monitor settings? You'll find both of them in the System Preferences.

I know that there is an F-key (dunno which one it is, am at school and we have limited access to settings here on Panther machines) and that people sometimes tap it without really knowing and that will change your monitor's brightness control.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
The F14 key will lower the brightness, while the F15 raises it.

OP
T

TheMonkeyProjec

A few ideas... Have you calibrated your monitor using ColorSync? Have you tweaked the monitor settings? You'll find both of them in the System Preferences.

I know that there is an F-key (dunno which one it is, am at school and we have limited access to settings here on Panther machines) and that people sometimes tap it without really knowing and that will change your monitor's brightness control.

actually, i tried calibrating it...but i don't really know what i'm doing...and i tried the F14, F15 deal....the thing is...it seems fine on the other usernames....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.