disgruntled in Iowa

Reaction score
how is it that all these idiots can get iPhones 6 and 6+ to bend, break, drop and otherwise destroy and those of us who want one have to wait weeks to get one?

M

MacInWin

Did you put in the comments section of your purchase that you wanted to bend, break and drop it? My understanding is that those orders were processed first. :D

OP
S
Reaction score
Then I would like to run over one with a tank : )
actually, I would just like to use one n a somewhat normal fashion.
Verizon (the nations largest etc) seems to take for ever to get them

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Maybe since Verizon is the largest carrier and have more customers, the demand for the new iPhone 6 and 6+ is greater? Just be patient, you aren't going miss any calls between now and when you receive your new iPhone. ;)

OP
S
Reaction score
oh, its a phone too! well ill be darned, I'll have to tell my wife. she thought the price was too much money to spend on a free cell game and camera. and don't you worry, if it ever rings, i'll answer it. : -)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
how is it that all these idiots can get iPhones 6 and 6+ to bend, break, drop and otherwise destroy and those of us who want one have to wait weeks to get one?

Guess what?? In 1-2 years (when Apple releases the iPhone 7)…you'll look down at your dirty, scratched, dented, finger-cheese filled iPhone 6…and think…"what a piece of junk"…I want an iPhone 7"!;)lol

So enjoy the excitement & anticipation of getting a brand new iPhone 6.:) This warm-fuzzy feeling wears off VERY quickly after you get it (just like with any new electronic device).

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
I always get the new apple stuff, don't need it, don't ever use it to it's full capabilities, just lust after it. At my age (73) it's about all I can lust after anymore. Just want to be the first kid on my block to get one. Then next year I will sell it to someone and get the new one. Life is good!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
LOL, at 73 you're still a youngster. My wife and I volunteer at several nursing homes in our area. We run into folks who are in their nineties and still sharp as a razor. Unfortunately they're mostly women. That doesn't say much for us guys who seem to expire sooner or run out of steam. :p

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I always get the new apple stuff, don't need it, don't ever use it to it's full capabilities, just lust after it. At my age (73) it's about all I can lust after anymore. Just want to be the first kid on my block to get one. Then next year I will sell it to someone and get the new one. Life is good!

The last brand new Apple electronic item I ever purchased was about 1997…and this was after 11 years of buying brand new Apple items (1986).:) I learned after 11 years (at the time)…that I got VERY tired of spending $1500-$2500 for a brand new Apple computer…and then about 2 years later it being worth 50% of it's original value (depreciation). And this is if I sold the older computer at all…since back in those early days of the internet & before eBay and Craig's List…selling a used Apple computer was not as easy as it is now.

I definitely understand the lust & excitement for a new Apple electronic item.:) But (for me) there is just too much depreciation…and this depreciation from multiple Apple devices purchased year after year after year can add up to some REAL money.

What excites me now is. Shopping Craig's List…and getting a 2-3 year-old Apple computer that originally sold for $1500-$2000…and getting it for like $500. Understanding that this computer was really still worth around $750-$800…but I got it for $500.

My most recent "great deal" (about 6 months ago)…was a "Mid-2011" 27" iMac that was worth $1250…and I got it for $600.:)

But if the depreciation is not a big deal to someone…then I too would continue to lust after every brand new Apple device.:) Different strokes for different folks!;)

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
my friends refer to my electronic buying habits as Santa's Surplus store. I just like to get the new stuff and then when something newer and "better" comes along help my friends get a slightly used one of something at a low price. fortunately I have the resources to do that. and at 73 I know that age is just a number and attitude and my mind still thinks I'm 18. That said, I am quite happy with my iPad air and might be able to resist whatever comes down in a month or so. Don't tell my friends, I think one of them has his eye on the air.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As long as your body thinks it is 18 santa. Mine sure don't but then again I am older than you.

And as an Apple shareholder may I congratulate you and ask you keep up with this trend of always getting new Apple things! Keeps us in goodies.

And there are other things I can lust after so I must have lived cleaner than you!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And as an Apple shareholder may I congratulate you and ask you keep up with this trend of always getting new Apple things! Keeps us in goodies.

Ha ha Harry. I should probably look at things from this angle as well!:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And there are other things I can lust after so I must have lived cleaner than you!

LOL, Harry. Must be that good clean air down under. The older we get the less we lust for the things of our youth. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Really? REALLY?

Charlie you just ain't enough yet!!!

C

chas_m

We don't seem to have a problem with iphone stock here, you might try just walking into a store rather than waiting for that pre-order to arrive ...

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
So enjoy the excitement & anticipation of getting a brand new iPhone 6.:) This warm-fuzzy feeling wears off VERY quickly after you get it (just like with any new electronic device).

- Nick

I'm afraid you don't quite understand Nick. If he he gets it now there's a bonus. In addition to the warm, fuzzy, new iPhone feeling there's the feeling of being one of the elite dozen or so people who managed to bend the thing. :Mischievous::Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
The last brand new Apple electronic item I ever purchased was about 1997…
... ...

My most recent "great deal" (about 6 months ago)…was a "Mid-2011" 27" iMac that was worth $1250…and I got it for $600.:)
- Nick

WOW, and I was excited to get my own mid-late 20011 27" iMac in March 2013 and I thought I'd got a fantastic deal at $800.00, which replaced the mid-late 2007 24" that's now used by my wife I got used for about $600.00.

And I see I'm in good company at 73 and still Macin' after about 24 years but I did actually buy my fist Mac, an LC and it's 13" color monitor and StyleWriter printer bundle.

But have to take it easy on any excitement so that the ol' heart keeps working properly. ;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WOW, and I was excited to get my own mid-late 20011 27" iMac in March 2013 and I thought I'd got a fantastic deal at $800.00...

Yes it was a great deal.:) But it did have two problems (one I figured out later)...it had a "dodgy" SATA cable (which I'm guessing the seller knew about)...so that may have been a factor in the low price. BELIEVE ME...I went thru a lot frustration figuring this problem out...that I would have been very glad to have paid a couple hundred $$$ more to avoid!!;) And it had a crack in the glass on one of the corners (didn't effect viewing area).

...but I did actually buy my fist Mac, an LC and it's 13" color monitor and StyleWriter printer bundle.

Ohh yes...I purchased a whole bunch of new Mac's my first 11 years as a Mac-User:

- Mac Plus
- Mac SE
- Mac SE/30
- Centris 650
- Mac IIvx
- Powermac 7100/80av
- One of the official Mac-Clones.;)

But as I mentioned...I got tired of losing so much $$$ via depreciation...plus in the mid-late 90's with the internet & eBay...buying/selling used stuff was so much easier. Everything since has been used (2nd/3rd owner sort of stuff).:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
Those two old turds that commented earlier have it good. (I'm near 67) Hope you still wake up with a morning woody. Makes your day. I can drive nails with it. - When it's there.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.