Disappeared all data in NOTES application on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hello.
It so happened that all the data in the Notes application (notes) disappeared somewhere. Nowhere, the application itself is clean, there is no data in the deleted data.
I found the files in the containers folder (photo attached) there the file was renamed to HTML, data appeared but they are old, three years ago they were written down, + they are there in such CHAOS, but there are no new ones for the last two years.
Who can tell? I know that there are programs that restore the data on the Iphone is the data in the application NOTES. He put this, and on the Iphone restores all the notes cool.
But I don’t know how to do it on MAC.
If anyone knows, please help.

The difficulty is that there are no backups.

Снимок-экрана-2019-06-27.jpg
NOTES ? Google Drive

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Without a backup of any sort, you don't have much of a chance of restoring your notes. You can try to restore them by using software which can find data that may have been deleted. If you continue to use your Mac the note data may be overwritten and then it will not be possible to restore it that way.

Data Rescue 5

Disk Drill Pro

You might be able to download a trial version to test with first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
If anyone knows, please help.

I don't, but it looks like Google might.

Try having a look at some of these hits with a Google search on:
Mac NOTES application data missing
Mac NOTES application data missing - Google Search

But this from almost the top hit looks very interesting:
When you next launch the Notes app, your missing notes should reappear. Get them back from the Storage file: To recover your lost or deleted notes from storage on Mac, at first, you need to find Notes' storage location at ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Notes/.
MacOS Sierra deleted my local Notes on my… - Apple Community

(Bold mine)

Things look a little bit more hopeful reading some of the hits!!!

Good luck.

PS: Notes sounds like an application I think I would probably want to forget about using looking at the number of hits about lost a notes and data.
Is there anything actually good about it???

- Patrick
======

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Patrick I dont really think people should, "want to forget about using" the Notes app. Surely this is more about backing up. Any app or saved data can become damaged or lost.
Things that are good about it are how integrated it is into macOS, iOS and iPadOS. Having tried many alternatives; Quick Notes, EverNote, Snip Notes etc in an attempt to find an alternative that would work on macOS, iOS, iPadOS and Apple Watch OS I came to the conclusion that with the exception of working with the Apple Watch none were as flexible or easy to use as Notes. I live in hope that Apple Watch OS 6 will include Notes.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
PS: Notes sounds like an application I think I would probably want to forget about using looking at the number of hits about lost a notes and data.
Is there anything actually good about it???

He's referring to his Notes.app which has been around for some time thru various iterations of macOS. Actually it's a very useful app which can be synced either using Google or iCloud. Lots of folks use the Notes app on their Mac and iPhone/iPad.

Like Rod pointed out above, it's a very useful and handy app.

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got the wrong end of the stick there.;)

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OK, but I wonder if the OP was able to recover or access their Notes data???

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.