Difference in iTunes and CD music loudness from burnt CDs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
I have a library of iTunes downloaded music and music tracks I added to my library from my CDs. I like to burn my own CDs so I play different songs by different artist on one CD. I use Toast titanium. Problem is some of my music tracks from my CDs are lower in volume then my iTunes tracks. Is there a way to have all the tracks set to the same record (and play) output volume? Do I need something other than toast titanium?

Pete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Have you tried to burn from iTunes? Just to compare if the volume is the same of different?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The volume is constant for iTunes tracks.
I believe the basic problem may be that the CD tracks I added to my library were not at the same db level of the iTunes tracks I downloaded. Therefore when I play them the volume is lower on some of those tracks vs the iTunes tracks. I am not sure how I could have increased the volume of the CD track to match the iTunes volume I don't want to have to adjust the volume every time one of theses CD added songs play. Is there some kind of software...maybe other then TT that would automatically burn everything at the same level? Or, if I have to...and I don't want to, delete the added CD tracks (many, many) then redo the (time consuming) process and add them again by somehow matching the db level? Pete

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'm not sure the following is an issue but it's worth checking out.

From within iTunes single-click one of the tracks that's louder than others to select it. Press Command I (or choose File>Get Info). Click the Options tab and look at the Equalizer settings. While there make a not of the volume adjust settings. Now do the same thing with a track that has a volume lower than you would like. Do these settings match?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Both downloaded and cd loaded songs have the same settings. Equalizer: None. Volume Midpoint.
I guess what I'm looking for...and it may not be available...is a program that will match the iTunes downloaded song amplitude with the CD added songs so I don't have to increase my volume for some...not all of the CD added songs so I can set the output db level and not have to increase it depending on what song is playing.
I'm thinking if I can measure the DB level of the iTunes songs, then run my CDs through some kind of amplifier...equalizer might be nice but mainly and amplifier, then feed that signal in TT. I do have a Power meter and thermistor and attenuators but audio is at a lower frequency. Possibly my TRMS DMM could measure the DB level. Not sure Okay you geniuses out there, once we lick Covid-19, that's your next project. Alternately, I can try increasing the volume under options and see if that helps for each one as I hear it on my desktop. I'll try that!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.