Desktop/Dashboard

Reaction score
I have a personal picture on my desktop but I can't see it. There is a haze on the screen that makes the picture look like a shadow. Can't see the pic on my desktop, lockscreen or dashboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Can you post a photo so we can get an idea of what the problem is? Do your icons and other screen elements look right? Do you know what the resolution of that photo was when you set it as your wallpaper?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This isn't a desktop screen cap. Sorry... I should have been clearer on that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm.... that is weird. Your wallpaper on the desktop is displaying in the way that it would when using Dashboard as a Space, but you clearly are on your desktop. Or are you? I don't see the menubar up top. How did you set the photo as your wallpaper? Are you using any 3rd party software that modifies your user interface? And what version of OS X are you running?

EDIT: Here's his screen cap (re-sized) for reference instead of the zip file, if anyone else is watching and has ideas.

Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 12.26.12 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
N
Reaction score
The above zip file is of my "real" desktop. As my handle says "new2macosx". using the magic mouse, I swiped to the right and what I thought was my desktop was displayed. and of course my Wall paper was blurred out. Once I figured how to get to my actual desktop i can see the wallpaper.

Thanks so much for your time and help. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
looks like I was really on my Dashboard and not my desktop. What a dope!!

Huh. It's interesting it even looks like that. When Dashboard is showing, you don't see the Dock at the bottom unless you hover your cursor down there for a moment. And there should be plus/minus signs in the corner to add widgets to the Dashboard. Ah well, glad it's sorted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I'd try quitting some of those twelve apps you have running or better yet, restart and try again.

You may have been running out of memory – MAYBE. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.