Deskstar 3TB 6.0Gb/s not reading in my Icy Dock

Reaction score
I just bought this HITACHI Deskstar 0S03086 3TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive : Newegg.com - HITACHI Deskstar 0S03086 3TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

When I put it in my Icy Dock external enclosure, it reads as 801GB. I did some reading that it is the enclosure's fault. I am not sure which Icy Dock I have: 3.5" SATA - USB 2.0_EXTERNAL SINGLE-BAY_ICY DOCK manufacturer Removable enclosure, Screwless hard drive enclosure, SAS SATA Mobile Rack, DVR Surveillance Recording, Video Audio Editing, SATA portable hard drive enclosure

I guess I need a new enclosure. Can you please tell me out of these Macally enclosures, which one I need? Newegg.com - External Enclosures, macally hard drive enclosure

If the enclosure is not the problem, can you tell me what I need to do to get the full 3TB to register?

Thank you

Newegg.com - External Enclosures, macally hard drive enclosure

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.