Dented Macbook

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 2009 Macbook unibody 2.4ghz laptop and the other day whilst carrying too much tripped and the first thing that hit the floor was my macbook :'(

It was in a INCASE foam carrier but when I opened it i found I had 2 dents in a line across the back of the laptop.

One side is dented by the CD drive, lifting the bottom part of the drive about 1mm... I just put a CD in and now can not remove it due to the bend of the casing.

Anyone else had this problem? Is it expensive to fix? Time and where to take it??? Any help will do??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The unibody case is expensive to replace not counting labor cost. You didn't say where you're at, but the best place for repairing it would probably be your local Apple store or an authorized Apple repair service center. Be sure to ask for an estimate first.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.4/4GB/250GB; iPhone 3GS
I got an estimate today to replace an uppercase, and it was $385+tax

OP
F
Reaction score
Cheers guys, I'm based in Switzerland... I'm gutted I dented my macbook... boo... Can it be bent back into shape?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
Cheers guys, I'm based in Switzerland... I'm gutted I dented my macbook... boo... Can it be bent back into shape?

Unlikely you will ever be able to completely remove the dent yourself. Now if you really wanted to you might enlist the help of a computer repair shop to open up the thing for you and a auto repair shop that does paintless dent repair to work on the dent... you might get some reasonable result that way. But the reality is that you would end up spending more money than just replacing the upper case... the computer repair shop would charge you a lot to strip down the upper case because its not easy to take apart and you would expect the paintless auto repair shop to charge at a minimum $150 for their work (which might not give you perfect results). It might be cheaper to get a Speck skin and cover up the dent so you don't have to see it anymore.

OP
F
Reaction score
It might be cheaper to get a Speck skin and cover up the dent so you don't have to see it anymore.

Thing is the CD drive has been dented and I have a DVD stuck in the drive... What a pain in the *** this is turning out to be!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.