delete from iPad, delete from iCloud

Reaction score
How do I delete music from my iPad 2 without deleting it from my computer (MacBookPro retina, OS X 10.8.5)? Same for documents. When I uncheck syncing docs with iCloud, I get a warning that every corresponding file on my computer (MacBookPro retina, Mountain Lion) will be deleted. Thus, no way to delete current files or to prevent future ones from being copied to the cloud.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The warning you received is that "All documents stored in iCloud will be deleted from this Mac". Are you currently storing any documents in the cloud in order to access them from your iPad, iPhone, or another Mac? If you're not, don't worry about it. If you are, make sure that your documents are backed up elsewhere.

As for the music question, just uncheck those songs in iTunes you no longer want on your iPad 2, re-sync, and they'll be removed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.