• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

De-stressing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
How do you unwind? I am incredibly stressed this week and could use some tips before I end up bald!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I was really stressed for the last few weeks myself and it was getting pretty bad. I started walking and working out again to help and it really seems to have worked. I'm doing about 3 miles a day and hitting the gym every other day. My stress level has dropped for other reasons as of late, but this seems to helped a lot when it was high and it's helping to keep it low now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Well apart from the obvious

Try going on you tube and looking up Frankie Boyle, David Webb or Mock the week. I did that last week and PMSL

Alternatively, just look up any comedian you most enjoy

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
The obvious?

You can use a ridiculous British euphemism if you like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I was really stressed for the last few weeks myself and it was getting pretty bad. I started walking and working out again to help and it really seems to have worked. I'm doing about 3 miles a day and hitting the gym every other day. My stress level has dropped for other reasons as of late, but this seems to helped a lot when it was high and it's helping to keep it low now.

Good advice

when stressed I just escape it all and go for a bike ride in the country, or down to Windsor, mellows me out a bit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
For me I write to destress. Anything. Be it feelings, my troubles, musical ideas. Anything that helps get my troubles down on paper and a release oytlet for me. And if that doesn't work there's always playing sport. Nothing violent just something to keep my mind of the stress.

But of recent I have found out that helping someone less fortunate then myself makes me realise how petty my little stresses are in the scheme of things. And I can work to help this person's life knowing I did a good deed and well it helps me.

Well that's what I do to destress. It might work for you. Who knows. Worth a shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (17" Unibody, 2.93GHz, 8GB DRR3, 320GB 7200, Anti-Glare Screen)
Walking does it for me. Just getting out for a couple of hours with my iPod really brings me down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.4, wife: iPad 16gb & iphone 3Gs, me: Macbook 2.6 & iphone 3Gs
get yourself to the snowdome, beast yourself down the slopes for a few hours!!

or just go for a run!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I take a nice swim and then soak in a hot tub for awhile. Take a hot shower and then do some yoga and weight lifting.

If I still feel a little stressed out I do some meditation.

However the stuff above gets me pretty relaxed and the yoga and weight lifting pretty much tires me out, so I don't have time to be stressed out. ^-^"

Reaction score
i crank my music up reallly loud, open up illustrator and design my little heart out, nothing takes my stresses away more than designing, or even drawing on paper or anything that gives me inspiration for my art. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I like to run on the treadmill or grab them 30LB dumbbells and start pumping, I also like to do push ups. When Im mad I get the ambition to do lots of weight lifting and stuff like that to improve my self image

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1ghz C2D, 4Gb RAM, 320GB HDD
I tend to head out on the mountainbike for a few hours or have a few games on the wii:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
I watch Only Fools and Horses :|

Their problems are funnier than mine :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Two things:
1. I listen to a Goon Show (I have 55 cassette tapes of them) or
2. I go to Mac Forums - seriously. The prospect of being able to help someone out of a bind helps to stop me feeling sorry for myself.

I like the idea of watching Only Fools & Horses. If not that, I'd try Porridge, or Everybody Loves Raymond, or Just Shoot Me. Trouble is, I don't have a TV! :D

Reaction score
<---- shoots people...... with paint ball guns :Evil:
nothing beats legally shooting people. I go out to the local paintball field and unload on people. nothing beats the thrill of the hunt.

other times i play counterstrike or work on cars.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz C2D MBP & 16GB White 3G iPhone
I take a kickboxing class at my gym and an umm..."specialized" dancing class at another studio that helps me de-stress.

That and a girl's night out always helps.

Reaction score
I throw in a huge rub of grizzly wintergreen, hit the bait store, and head to the river for a few hours. I enjoy the sight, smell, and sound of being on the water so much, that catching a fish seems a bonus when im stressed. When I am in a good mood though and dont catch a fish, well then - - - ill head to the bar and drown my sorrows... just kidding :Angry-Tongue: thats a terrible idea

Reaction score
nothing beats headed to the local watering hole.... and having a few....errr alot of jagerbombs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.