DDu:chm file

Reaction score
hoping someone can help me.I've downloaded an e-book in a rar format.When i extracted it to desktop i cannot seem to open the file.(DDU;chm)Can someone show me the light please.Many thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
are there any other files in there? how big is the file? what does the icon look like?

OP
E
Reaction score
Macman said:
are there any other files in there? how big is the file? what does the icon look like?
when i extracted it to desktop a blue folder appeared.Trying to open that finder asks which application to use to open it.It is 12 mb on disk.Only one folder.many thanks for your time(the icon is white with nothing written)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
this is all that i could find:
link

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you want, you can email it to me, my email address is in my profile, and I can take a look at it and maybe convert it into something else as I have many audio/video editing apps.
or if you try chris's idea, I'd suggest changing the extension to an audio one, not a pdf or the like, maybe a .mp3 or .mov or.aac or something similar.

OP
E
Reaction score
Macman said:
if you want, you can email it to me, my email address is in my profile, and I can take a look at it and maybe convert it into something else as I have many audio/video editing apps.
or if you try chris's idea, I'd suggest changing the extension to an audio one, not a pdf or the like, maybe a .mp3 or .mov or.aac or something similar.
many thanks,Macman,i did as you suggested and on my pc with winrarhad no problems. and yes there was indeed a second file and now pleased to announce i've the complete book on my pc.(it wasn't audio though)So why wasn't it that simple with stuff it expander on the mac?Thanks for your time,Edzz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, thats good. its easy on mac, if you have stuffit deluxe, use drop segment, if you don't,
there are 3rd party apps that will do it.

OP
E
Reaction score
Macman said:
ok, thats good. its easy on mac, if you have stuffit deluxe, use drop segment, if you don't,
there are 3rd party apps that will do it.
Is stuffit deluxe available for free? (as i have a psychological problem buying software-from my window days)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no, thats why its deluxe, it has a lot more features than the regular stuffit expander, which is free and comes with os x.

OP
E
Reaction score
Macman said:
no, thats why its deluxe, it has a lot more features than the regular stuffit expander, which is free and comes with os x.
o.k i'll leave you in peace now thanks again for your time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.