Dashlane and Firefox on Mac

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What is Dashlane? What do you mean it won't work? What version of Dashlane are you using? Please see the link in my signature for some tips to help both you and us.

OP
W
Reaction score
Dashlane is an application to remember passwords. It is convenient and easy to use. The Mozilla Firefox browser is the one I prefer because of its open source origins. For reasons I don't understand, when I updated Firefox to 33.1, Dashlane simply stopped working. Are there others out there who have experienced the same thing? If so, do you have a workaround?

OP
W
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind reply. You are clearly more computer literate than I am. Therefore, I don't think I understand your explanation. Can you please elaborate on it? What do you mean by "sync?" (I am not using the "pro" version of Dashlane.) And, what are you saying when you say "settings og," or was that a typo?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
For reasons I don't understand, when I updated Firefox to 33.1, Dashlane simply stopped working.
We still need more detail. Stopped working how? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it as a first attempt at fixing it?

OP
W
Reaction score
Yes, I tried reinstalling a couple of times. When I opened Firefox 33.1 for the first time, Dashlane simply did not do it's job, which is to put their icon at the right end of each box where I would insert information so I can click on it and get my saved usernames/passwords. I checked to see that Dashlane was operating. It was. I also tried quitting and re-starting it, Firefox, and the computer.

Yes, I tried re-installing Dashlane, as well as the Plugin necessary to make it work with Firefox.

Reaction score
It may not be updated to work with the newer version of Firefox.
There are several alternatives, namely LastPass (free) and 1Password (not free but the best). and others.
Look on Macupdate.com and do a search.
Or, if you insist, is there a forum for Dashlane. Or at least a help page on their site?

Reaction score
firefox 33.1 Dashlane

Dashlane replied today that fix has not been made yet, They are working on it but no
E.T A. has been provided

OP
W
Reaction score
Thank you for that information. VERY helpful. I'm glad to know it isn't a mistake I made.

Reaction score
Dashlane & Firefox

Ditto. The support team at Dashlane told me that the recent Firefox update apparently "broke compatibility with their extension." That caused Dashlane to be disabled on the iMac; A Dashlane fix the next day didn't do it. Nor did extensive efforts suggested by Dashlane (disabling, re-installing). I have spent days on this problem. So, I cannot use Dashlane in Firefox, which is an annoyance; Dashlane tells me that Firefox is aware of the problem & will send out fixes for these bugs. Meanwhile, I have switched to Safari where it works fine.

OP
W
Reaction score
Me too, exactly. I tried and tried the fixes and none of them worked. In the process I was told to "uninstall" my preferences and that little app to do so. What I got was a mess and I'm afraid that, in addition to losing the software, I'm losing all my settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
FF has lost the plot a little with late releases. If it works stick with Safari.

Reaction score
Dashlane is fixed

Good news! Dashlane has now issued an update - which works with the new Firefox. Just click on Dashlane & "Check for Updates" --- or, in my case, it told me directly there was a new update for downloading. It downloads & re-installs quickly and -- viola! - Dashlane now works in Firefox !

OP
W
Reaction score
Indeed it did, and it works fine for me also. Thank you for all your information. You verified that their earlier "fix" didn't work and ended that frustration. I appreciate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.