Dashboard Text issue

Reaction score
I have an issue with my dashboard and iCal text. The text is displaying strangely - about 3-5mm above where it should be. It is affecting all of my widgets and the date on my iCal dock icon and a few other bits of text. I have no idea what this text is called, so its very hard for me to search for ways to fix this problem. I have done a lot of research into this problem and I read somewhere that this maybe linked to an issue with installing Helvetica Neue font, but it didnt mention a solution. I have tried deactivating the font with my font manager (linotype font explorer) but it didnt fix the problem.

I have attached a screenshot. As you can see any text that is updatable or changeable is not displaying in the right place. If anyone could give me an idea of why this would be happening and what I could do to fix it, it would be much apprieciated.

Thanks in advance

dashboard.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.