Dashboard and Finder Icons

Reaction score
I've been changing my application icons around, and I am having trouble with Dashboard and Finder.

For Dashboard, I changed the application icon, but it won't show up as the new icon in the dock. It shows the new icon in the Applications folder though. I tried restarting, nothing. I tried removing Dashboard from the dock and putting it back in, nothing.

For Finder, I just cant find where to go to get the Get Info menu for finder. Otherwise, I would know what to do.

Any help with these problems will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
When I changed my Icons I used Candybar to do it . It relauched the finder and then hey presto they were there.You may need to reebot.

For the finder just right click (Cmd+click) on the finder Toolbar to get the Customise toolbar menu then just drag the get info icon to your Toolbar.
I hope some of this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The Finder icon doesnt work like the other ones do. I thought I knew which icones needed replacing for the Finder, but mine still hasnt changed. I'm still working on it trying to figure out what needs to be changed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.