• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

Damaged Macbook for sale

Reaction score
Okay, so this is my first and probably only time trying to sell something, but here's what I've got:

A MacBook, Glossy Screen, 1 Gig of apple installed Ram, a super drive, 2.0GHz core duo.

Now here's the rub. This computer is one that i tended to loan to other people for little bits of use. Microsoft users who needed to do video or sound editing. Well, a few days ago, it crashes hard. Take it back to Apple, and turns out there's some water damage that fried the hard drive and some traces of water in other places, even though the computer works just fine booting off an external hard drive. Repairs are going to cost 800$ from apple and the computer will not be under any warrenty until those repairs are made.

So, there is possible damage to the logic board and hard drive connector but everything else is in good condition. The keyboard/trackpad top has a few nicks, but the super drive, RAM, Display, and camera are all in perfect working order. and most are in superb condition.

I dont want to take it apart, and if I'm going to pay 800 bucks just to fix it, I'm going to just get a new computer. So I'm selling the computer as is, no strings attatched.

I'd like to sell it for roughly 500-600, i think the display, drive, and ram are worth that, plus the other stuff...I'm just not into taking it apart. Its very possible that if you bought a new hard drive it'd wrk just fine, but I can't guarentee that.

Please e-mail me if you're interested!

[email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I wouldn't expect more than $400. It's still a new computer so it'd be kinda weird if someone needed a display or anything else because it'd be under warranty. People will be expecting some kind of deal seeing its broken. To have $800 in repairs means they're spending the same amount of money as a new unit if they buy it from you for $500.
Sorry to hear for your loss though.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
you might want to supply an ebay account number so people can check to see if you are indeed a legit seller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Or just put it on ebay, I doubt you'll get 500 out of it. But, that's just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
is it a core2duo, 80gb, and white?

i'm interested. :)

OP
A
Reaction score
actually its a core duo. and the hard drive needs to be replaced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 933 quicksilver (2001) 1.5 gb ram, 300 gig hd. Macbok 2.0 duocore2 1 gb ram 13 inch white 120hd
200 bucks tops

Reaction score
Hey, are you still selling it? I might be interested. Let me know.

OP
A
Reaction score
guys, i've lowered the price to 300 + shipping costs...recent developments have helped a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.