cutting iSkin skin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
I have a question for all owners of iSkin cases for the mini.

I just purchased an iTrip mini and I knew that it wouldn't work with the new iSkin cases for the mini. Rather than fool with taking it out of the case every time I want to use the iTrip, I thought I would just take an exacto knife to the skin that is between the hold button and the headphone port. Then I could just peel it away when I wanted to add the iTrip to the top. Here is my question....do you think that will alter the case in some way so that it is loose enough for the screen protector to slip and slide too much when not using the iTrip?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
i want to do this to my iskin for mt ipod w/ photo. My itrip doesn't stay plugged in b/c of the iskin. any ideas thoughts about cutting the bottom to make enough room for the itrip?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
an exacto (sp?) knife and patience. That's the first thing that popped in my head and seems like the cleanest way to handle the job.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
an exacto (sp?) knife and patience. That's the first thing that popped in my head and seems like the cleanest way to handle the job.
Bryan

do you think that it would be likely to come off, or fall out if the bottom is cut? I doubt it, since the iskin is sooo sticky.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.