cut and paste text in email body to word doc

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Yosemite, I have just noticed that I am now unable to cut and paste text in the body of an email into my Word document. I can highlight the text okay, and apparently copy, but when I attempt to paste into a Word doc, nothing happens. I have tried various emails and none of them work. I used to be able to do this in the past. I have a MacBook Air, OSX Yosemite 10.10, Mac Mail 8.0, Word for Mac 2011, v 14.4.5. Any ideas anyone, as I need to be able to do this simple task quite a lot for my work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just tried it on my iMac: Word 2011, Yosemite, all the latest updates. I copied text from email and pasted it into a Word document. So apparently it still works. Go back over your settings in Mail and Word to make sure that nothing has changed.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thank you. I quit Mail and rebooted and now it seems to work okay, although it takes a while. I believe Mail is quite buggy, so maybe that's the problem. I relaunched Word before as I thought that might be the problem, but hadn't thought to try both programmes together... Onwards and upwards! :)

M

MacInWin

What makes you think Mail is buggy? Are you getting errors or crashes? Or is it that you just don't like the way it works (which is not a bug, but a design/operations choice)? I have Mail running here flawlessly, which is why I asked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.