Could one later(after purchase) upgrade RAM on this device

Reaction score
https://m.johnlewis.com/new-apple-m...tel-core-i5-8gb-ram-512gb-13-3-inch/p/3001990

I am after a Mac Book Pro Laptop. I very much wish that it has a SD port so that I can put in my Camera memory card to work on photos taken.
Do not wish to carry around a lot of USB/SD card dongles as already a lot yo carry with my photographic equipments!!
The above I saw in John Lewis and wondered if I could upgrade the RAM to higher?

Reaction score
That is exactly why I recently bought a 2015 MacBook Pro, to get the hdmi, USB 3.0 and SD card slot. I do not want or need the inconvenience of the USB-C charging and having to use additional cables/adapters.

No MagSafe was also a major reason I bought the 2015 Macbook Pro. MagSafe is one of the BEST idea's Apple ever came up with. If you or someone else accidentally kicks the power cord, your expensive MacBook Pro does not end up broken on the floor.

Buy the RAM you need at time of purchase since it is soldered in and can not be added later.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct.
Form this vendor I could not upgrade the RAM. I like the idea of free 3 year guarantee from John Lewis here I UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The 13" comes with 8GB and you can order one with 16GB. The memory is soldered in and what you order cannot be upgraded.

The 15" model comes standard with 16GB of memory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.