Could not wait anymore...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Well, since I am taking a little trip this month I wanted to have a laptop and have put off replacing my old PC laptop for about a year and a half since breaking it.

Wanted to wait and get the new OS as part of the cost of the laptop, but went ahead and ordered a 15" Macbook Pro today. Decided on the smaller 15" due to my old laptop being a 17" and more often than not when actually travelling it seemed too big...sure the screen was great when working but it was more of a portable desktop than a laptop.

Now I will need to learn how to have the laptop sync with the Power Mac, and hope that having one PowerPC chip and one Intel chip does not cause any issues...which almost had me picking up a used G4. I wonder if softwares will be sold compatible with either chipset or if I have doomed myself to needing a new desktop.

So....now my transformation to MAC only is complete. Cannot wait for delivery. (Oh wait, the wife/kids computer is still a PC...need to work on that one next)

End of my rambling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Awesome! Congrats on the MBP purchase Odin_aa!!!

Reaction score
Good purchase. Good move on not purchasing the old G4. No point going backwards in technology, unless there is a really good reason.

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Thanks,
Placed the order online yesterday at about 845am, the estimated shipping date was April 4-8 with estimated delivery of April 9-12th or something very close too that....checked status this morning and it had a tracking number for the MacBook and another for the 3 year warranty....both will be at my house tomorrow. :mail:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.