Corrupted SD Card - Need Help Recovering Images

Reaction score
I was just out at my deer lease and was trying to pull the images off of the SD Cards from one of my game cams. I put the card I'm my macbook and Photos came up and switched to the import tab with game photos in the window but wouldn't give me an option to import (greyed out). I pulled the card - without ejecting it first - and then reinserted it to try again and the picks were gone, nothing to import. I opened the actual card and the DCIM file was in there but it wasn't a folder, it was a terminal file. Obviously it got corrupted in some way when i pulled it without ejecting. I needed to put the card back in the camera so I dragged the corrupt DCIM over to my desktop and put the card back.

I am now trying to see if I can get anything off the card. Is there any software I can check out to recover the files or a way to explore the contents? When I double click the file, a terminal window opens and this is the output:

Last login: Sun Aug 23 01:50:13 on ttys000
Clintons-MacBook-Air:~ Clinton$ /Users/Clinton/Desktop/DCIM ; exit;
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.