Corrupted display profile generated by colorMunki on macbook-pro.

Reaction score
The set up:

Macbook pro 17 inch
LG UltraWide monitor
ColorMunki Photo

A Profile created with ColorMunki Photo,(generated from dangling the colorMunki over the LG monitor whilst connected to the mac book pro ) freezes the laptop and turns the screen pixilated with extreme saturated colours. Also the fans on the macbook start going like crazy.
( i have a photo but was not able to find out how to attach it here...)

Because the screen has frozen it is not possible to go to the macs Profile Preferences/Display to change ( or delete) the seemingly corrupted ColorMunki profile.
A force shutdown and restart don't solve the problem, My work around at the moment has been to reconnect the laptop to the monitor via a second HDMI port.
This switches the profile to an earlier version and the screen works as normal.

I am wondering if any one else on the forum has experienced the same problem and has made any sense of it. Im not sure if the problem
is the ColorMunki the LG monitor or the the Macbook pro?
( updated the software for the ColorMunki several times) ?
At the moment the number 1 HDMI port seems unusable as it applies the corrupted profile and the same has
befallen the DisplayPort import/outport socket.
It would be great to hear the communities thoughts.

Thanks
Textureworks

Extra notes:
Earlier profiles from the ColorMunki were fine and still work.
When i dangled the ColorMunki over the Mac book pro screen to generate a profile ( disconnected from the LG Ultrawide ) however the same thing happened.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm going to guess:

- Not too many of our members have experience with this device.
- Of those that have experience with the device…fewer still may have the same 17" MacBook Pro and the LG ultra-wide monitor.
- Fewer still may have encountered the same colorMunkie profile issue.
- The possibility that there's an OS version component to this (not sure what OS version you are running)…where maybe there's a conflict between the installed OS & the colormunkie hardware/software.
- Maybe there's a software conflict issue with something else installed on the computer.

A lot of parameters someone else on Mac-Forums may need to have in common to address this issue (maybe there's a couple members hopefully).

Given this. Have you tried all areas of the developers website (FAQ, user forums, contact us, etc.)? Maybe they have an answer.

Good luck,:)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Earlier profiles from the ColorMunki were fine and still work.

Maybe I missed it. But what has changed on this computer since the older colorMunkie profiles were created (and still work)…and the newer profile was created (and doesn't work)?

If these things were undone…maybe the new profile will work.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
First, delete the profile.

Try uninstalling the colormunki software completely, then download the MOST recent version and reinstall.

For the record..

I have a colormunki
I use it on multiple Macs, with multiple monitor types, without ever experiencing this issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.