Controlling Holiday Styling Artifacts

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Folks:

We've received several inquiries regarding the holiday artifacts that appear on your screen during certain holiday seasons. The latest being the New Year Holiday.

Nick has posted this before but I'm posting it again because obviously some folks still do not know how to turn them off if not desired.

Go to your Profile which should be in the upper right corner of your display. The profile name (your user name) should be there along with any Avatar you have chosen or the forum software default Avatar. Click on that and then choose "Preferences".

The preferences dialog should then open and you will see items which can be turned on or off.

Simply place a check in the box that states: "Disable holiday styling". Holiday styling if any should immediately be turned off.

Navigate back to the regular forum inputs.

You're done.

krs

Reaction score
Simply remove the check from the box that states: "Default holiday styling". Holiday styling if any should immediately be turned off.
In my preferences one has to do the opposite - add the check mark to the box because that item is called "Disable Holiday Styling"

Holiday.jpg Holiday.jpg

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks @krs. I see that the option was changed from "default" to "disable". I will edit my post accordingly.

Glad you checked. :)

krs

Reaction score
I actually did just that a few days ago so I remembered that I had to check something, not uncheck.

BTW - why not just remove all posts in this thread except the first one to keep things simple.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Kinda same difference but I'm sure some people will appreciate this handy hint Chas, I for one rather like them. (y)

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What? Make things simple? LOL, I guess after the way 2020 complicated our lives, everything from now on will look simple. (We hope!)

We'll leave the thread intact the way it is. Maybe more folks will read it that way. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.