Continual Quitting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air OS X 10.6.8
I want my MacAir to remain on throughout the day but recently I've done something (I guess) that causes it to quit after several minutes of non-activity. What have I done and how do I undo it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
What do you mean by it quits? Sounds like what is happening is the Mac is just going to sleep. You can adjust the power settings in system preferences. I also would take a look at Caffeine in the Mac App Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I use Caffeine and like it full cup stays on till I click it then cup is empty and regular power settings take over its a must have if you have to constantly walk away from your computer throughout the day in a secure environment.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air OS X 10.6.8
To Lbatson21. When I say quitting I mean I get a dialogue box that says "Do you want to close your applications and quit now?" and it quits. This is a relatively new phenomenon, so I must have done something to cause it. I have extended the energy saver in the Preferences to no avail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Yea. That is something I've never run into. Have you installed any type of application that might be causing this? Also, when is the last time you can remember it working properly. Also make sure in energy saver preferences you don't have it scheduled to shut down at a certain time. (You can check that by selecting the schedule button.) As a last ditch effort, if you have a Time Machine backup you can roll back to the time when it functioned properly. I don't know what could really cause this and when I searched for anything similar I wasn't able to find anything. Maybe someone else might have a better answer...

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air OS X 10.6.8
I installed a app to improve (?) my ISP performance and have since uninstalled it. The last time it worked properly was about a week ago. I have extended the energy saver to "never". Schedule is default. No Time Machine. I have extended the "Desktop and Screensaver" in the Preferences to "never" which seems to have helped a bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.