considering ibook

J

jon_206

I had a powerbook about a year ago and I"m thinkigng about investing in another MAC. I was considering a 12' ibook. My question is, if I want to hook up to a bigger monitor, can I do so like I can with my pc and just run 2 and drag from desktop to desktop? OR is the only option to mirror? (this is assuming just ibook and monitor, no adapters or software)

OP
G

Gamer

Hi

Hi,

Yes and no about the bigger monitor the iBook only has a VGA hook up, good for projectors and convetional monitors that have VGA. If you were refreing to Apple's really cool LCD screens the7y use DVI the best kind of connector, and the 30" requires 2DVI ports! You can only mirror with VGA, iBook comes with an VGA adapter.

You can buy a adapter from apple to convert VGA to DVI very good if you like me like those new Apple displays! DVI you can do anything on mirror etc.. Talk to your local Apple resailer or visit any Apple Store for more Help!

OP
V

vuschejan

Gamer said:
You can only mirror with VGA, iBook comes with an VGA adapter.Help!
Thats untrue, a program called screen spanning doctor allows you to use it as a seperate screen

OP
G

gdgrifflaw

iBook

Isn't it true that if you use that program you will cause your warranty to be invalid? Becareful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Gamer said:
... and the 30" requires 2DVI ports!...

No it doesn't. But it needs a Graphic card with dual channel DVI, provided on one DVI connector. The nVidia 6800 (the one you need to buy to use the 30") has 2 DVI ports, each having dual channel DVI. That's why you can connect 2 30" screens to it.

Must look gorgeous, such a big screen... :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.