Connection Speed between running Windows or OSX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Duo Core 2ghz 1GB Ram
I currently running bootcamp w/ Xp install on my macbook. Whenever I surf the web...I find that when i'm running Windows, pages load a lot quicker than when i'm using Safari. I get the same result whether i'm at school, work, or at home. Anyone else here having the same issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Try Firefox instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You said Safari earlier.

Uh.... hm. I don't know then... PC/IE has always been the fastest browser. [ducking] That doesn't mean it's the best though.

Maybe XP handles http better than OSX in general.

Reaction score
So this isn't really a network question at all, but rather how applications handle the syn synack ack handshake. If memory serves correctly IE is known to strip off the syn and just jump to synack, which tells the web server that it got it's request (even though it never sent one). This method has been used for years, and as some have noticed a quick response time from web servers.

As you might be aware the SYNACK is suppose to be sent from the responding server after the SYN. However when just a SYNACK is sent from a host the server thinks it had already established a handshake, and so just serves up the page requested.

Typically you the surfer would type in a URL and hit enter, the SYN request is made to the server. Then the server responds with a SYNACK, and your host with an ACK. The handshake is complete. As you can see jumping right to the middle of the handshake kills part of the process allowing browser to appear have faster response time. The the responses should be the same, just not initally...

As for networking portions, Windows or Mac. They can each send and receive data at the same rate since they all use the 802.x standards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.