connecting to website error

Reaction score
i was having trouble connecting to a website via it's address; however, i found out the ip address and was able to connect that way. i was wondering how do i resolve this issue? I do not want to enter the ip address everytime i connect since it's easier to remember the host name.

i have tried to flush the cache. in addition, entering the web address on camino, firefox, and safari doesn't work and I get a 'connection time out', but when i enter the IP address it works. please advise, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It sounds like it's a problem with the link to the one website.
If you don't mind posting the link, I could try it to test it for you :)

OP
T
Reaction score
hey 6string, thanks for the prompt response, IP address is 204.68.95.99 and the web address is sg.med.miami.edu, i think it works on other computers, but there seems to be something wrong on my computer. i was able to access the website 2 days ago via the web address but yestrday night it stopped working. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
yep.... no problem going to https://sg.med.miami.edu or the IP address on my mac (even though is says untrusted site :) ). So, I would try using OnyX, and running through the cleaning tasks and while you're at it, run the automation tab processes on OnyX while you are at it.
Let us know how it goes.

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks for the response. i don't have snow leopard, is there onyx for leopard?
n/m i found it i will let u know what happens, thanks

OP
T
Reaction score
i dont have time machine or a back up hard drive and onyx recommends me to have that done before running it... are there any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What I really suggest is a backup drive.
I can't stress the importance of backups.
You should have time machine backups, and also bootable backups so if anything goes wrong, you don't loose your Mac's contents, and if your hard drive dies, with a bootable clone you can still use your Mac as it was.
See CCC and SuperDuper.

OP
T
Reaction score
yea i've been looking into one for a long time, my old one is in NTFS and bak at home so im gettin a new one sometime soon. thx for the websites. do u have ne idea why i cannot connnect via web address? thanks and sorry to bother

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.