Connecting pixma iP6000D to Mac with Mavericks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X Mavericks 10.9.4
I have an old Canon pixma iP6000D printer with USB connection which is still in an excellent condition and it function properly on Windows. So wanted to use it on my OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 unfortunately, I can not find a compatible driver for it. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
C

chas_m

According to this list, your printer is supported. Try simply plugging it into the Mac and adding it.

(I remember back when we had to fuss with drivers ... ha, that was quite a while ago!)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many devices to list
I found drivers on Canon's website as well in case OS X doesn't recognize and have drivers for it (see here).

Admin note: please use descriptive titles instead of your user name; the latter doesn't tell us anything about your question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.5; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.5; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Guys - I was just curious about the printer drivers and took a look at the links (couple screenshots below) - on Apple's list for Canon printers, I see only the iP6700D printer, and on the Canon website, the statement that no driver is available for Mavericks which is on the OP's computer.

I guess the printer could be plugged in (if not already tried) to see if Mavericks might recognize it or contact Canon to determine if a 'work-around' is available? Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 9.40.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 9.38.45 AM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
If you don't have any luck, try the Gutenprint driver (lists support for iP6000 as Experimental):
Gutenprint for Mac OS X

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many devices to list
Sometimes you can get by with variants of a driver (so, using a model 1080 driver on a printer with model number 1082 for example). I'm guessing that since it falls within that range, the firmware on it is used elsewhere on an explicitly supported printer. Couldn't hurt to try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.