• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

Connect to internet on a schedule?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I have a program that makes iTunes act as an alarm clock, I set my mac to automatically wake up at 7:25am ready for the alarm to go off at 7:30. The thing is, I want to play one of the radio channels but can't do that unless there's some way to make my iMac connect to the internet automatically and on a schedule.

Are there any programs or scripts available that can do this? It'd be a great help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I dont know, you could try using something like audio hijack that allows you to record itunes radio, but it has a schedule, or you could try writing an applescript.or the best thing would be thid: select the station in itunes radio, go to that stations homepage, ie live365.com, click on the type of music, the station name etc, on the page where you can click listen, itd be like live465.com/stations/yourstation, copy that url, in itunes, click advanced>open stream, enter that url, and it puts it in you library, doesnt record it, but itys in your library now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Yeah I've got it in my library now, you can just drag and drop from the radio page. I'll try having a bash at the applescript and see how that goes, if I manage to get anything from it I'll share it here. EDIT: Ok there's no way I'm going to be able to make my own applescript lol.

I wish I had automator!