computer not on line

Reaction score
Several times a day and every morning my computer, I Pad & I Phone tell me they are not on the internet, I have to reboot and the problem is solved. I purchased a new cable modem. Any suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
What are you rebooting? If it is your cable modem, which you just replaced, and it is setup correctly, which is usually done automatically if it is one your company recommends, then it is now time to call your provider.

I live in a very rural area and have DSL. My provider took over a very neglected phone network from another company. They have been steadily upgrading and repairing. But a fact of my life is that I have to restart my modem sometimes several times a day or I can weeks with no issues. But the alternatives are way more expensive (satellite) and cable is just not happening in my remote area.

However, if you are on a fiber optic cable supplier you should not be having so many disconnect issues. It sounds like something is causing your connection to "go to sleep" and when you reset the modem it clears the ip addresses and DNS and resends all the handshake protocols that get you back up and going.

Call your provider and make them do some checking of their setup and ask how your modem should be set.

Lisa

OP
B
Reaction score
I have rebooted the modem, Mac, I Pad and my I Phone, I will try calling my cable provider.
Thank you for your advice,

Bob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.